School Improvement Priorities 2019-2020
Through God: we can flourish, we can learn, we can achieve.
Quality of Education
- In Key Stage 2, improve the pupils’ knowledge of phonic, common and polysyllabic words so they can spell the words on the list for their year groups and consolidate previous spellings with 78%+ accuracy.
- Develop a love of reading throughout the school for all pupils.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning through pedagogy based on research outcomes.
- Implement the school’s curriculum intention through high quality teaching and learning by non-specialists in the foundation subjects.
- Pupils with SEND and in receipt of Pupil Premium make accelerated progress and close the gap in attainment with their peers
Behaviour and Attitude
- Attendance to show a narrowing gap between 2019 figures (93.4) to national average for attendance.
- Develop aspiration for all pupils at Stanwell Fields so they are ready for each stage of their education and have a strong sense of self-identity and citizenship.
Leadership and Management
- The Local Academy Committee (Governors) to provide even greater challenge to the strategic leadership of the school
- In the Early Years, develop children’s resilience to overcome challenges and be secure in demonstrating the Characteristics of Effective Learning